Abstracts will be 1-2 page and may include data (figures, tables, photographs). Abstracts submitters will assign their contribution to one of the symposium session topics. Submitted abstracts are reviewed double blind by the members of the SPC and the MSB2018 Organizing Committee. Eventually all abstracts will be sorted along session topics by the (invited) session chairmen.
Abstract submission requirements have been put in place to assemble uniform abstracts and potentially include figures, assisting the blind peer review process in selecting a high caliber of science for the program. The abstracst will be treated confidentially and will not be published in either a proceedings or program. The abstract is for the sole purpose of reviewing your submission.
During abstract submission you will have to provide the following:
- Select Preferred Symposium Theme and Session Topic
- Preferred presentation type (Oral, Poster or both)
- Consideration for Young Scientist Oral Session (if age 35 or under)
- Title of your presentation
- Introduction/Background/Aim of the Work (max. 100 words)
- Instrumentation/Methods (max. 100 words)
- Results & Discussion (max. 250 words)
- Conclusions (max. 100 words)
- Figure/table/photo with legend (optional)
A template (MS Word) is provided to enter your abstract. The abstract template can be downloaded here. The word count is automatically included during submission. Do not include author names, affiliation or references in the abstract - this is important to safeguard a double blind review. An Abstract Registration ID Number will be automatically assigned when you submit your abstract. If your abstract cannot be accepted as Oral presentation, it will be considered for Poster presentation.
In compliance with the essentials of the MSB-Symposium Series, only title and presenting author of the abstract are published in the symposium program book.
Your abstract will be reviewed independently by two peers with expertise in the topic. The review will be blind to your name, institution or position status and will be based solely on the information that you provide in the abstract. Four criteria will be used to score each abstract:
- Originality of the work
- Abstract quality
- Fit with the symposium themes
- Significance to the field of microscale separations and bioanalysis
In order to present, the presenting author of each lecture or poster must be registered as a delegate and must complete the registration process by paying the required fee.