The registration fee includes:
Admission to all lectures and poster sessions**, conference program and meeting bag**, welcome reception, including buffet (Sunday), coffee breaks and lunches (Monday-Wednesday), symposium dinner (Monday), excursion to "Pão de Açucar/Sugarloaf" and dinner (Tuesday), and farewell reception (Wednesday).
**not for accompanying person
Participants with Brazilian bank accounts:
Registration fees must be paid by identified deposit or bank transfer to the following account using a fixed exchange rate of R$ 3.24 Brazilian real /dollar (last update: January 1st, 2018; the exchange rate will be updated monthly if it differs for more than 10% from stated value):
Bank: Caixa Econômica Federal
Bank Branch: 3047
In favor of: Fundação de Apoio à Física e à Química
After deposit, please send your complete name, CPF, symposium name and proof of payment to Finance Secretary so FAFQ can prepare your receipt.
International participants only:
The international participantes should pay using a PayPal account.
Please make your selections of the items you want to register for, mark the number of items, and submit the registration form. Once the registration information is submitted, you will receive a link for payment via PayPal, add all the items registered in the shopping cart and go to Check Out to submit the payment.
Please do not attempt to pay by bank transfer (bank taxes are prohibitive).
Only cash (dollar) will be accepted.
Registration is not acknowledged until payment is received.
Presenting authors of lectures and posters must be registered as a conference attendee. Oral presenters must complete the registration process by paying by February 1, to confirm intent to attend and present at the meeting. If fee is not paid, submissions from that author will be removed from the program.
Student registrants must submit proof of student status.
Cancellation Policy for Registration:
All cancellations or name changes should be addressed by email to the Finance Secretariat. A cancellation fee of US$ 50 will be applied if refund is requested before February 1st, 2018; 50% of the registration fee paid will apply if refund is requested between February 1st - 10th, 2018; cancellations requested after February 10th, 2018 will not be refunded. All refunds will be processed after the Meeting.
Any difference arising between the registration fee and the payment received by the Technical Secretariat (such as bank fees, etc.) must be paid on site at the Registration Desk on arrival. In case that the registration funds were wired late or, for unexplained reasons, they were not credited in the Meeting's Account at the time of registration, a photocopy of the receipt will be required. If no proof of payment is presented, full payment of the registration fee will be required on site at the Registration Desk.
Letter of Invitation for Visa
To receive a letter of invitation for visa applications, kindly ensure that you click the appropriate box during the registration process. A letter will be sent upon confirmation of payment of the registration fee.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION:
Please review the terms below which are intended to assure the comfort and privacy of all symposium participants. Each delegate acknowledges and agrees to these terms while registering and accepts these policies as a condition of being permitted to attend this symposium.
- Name badges are required for all symposium activities.
- Smoking is not permitted in the conference centre.
- Cell phones must be turned off in the oral sessions.
- The use of any device to capture images (e.g. cameras and smart phones) or sound (e.g. tape and digital recorders) or stream, upload or rebroadcast speakers or presentations is strictly prohibited at MSB2018 without express written consent from the organizers.
- Material presented or displayed at the MSB 2018 symposium, including but not limited to orals and posters presentations, workshops, short courses, lunch seminars and science cafés, is the intellectual property of the presenter and may not be recorded, photographed, quoted, disseminated or transmitted by summary in any form without the explicit approval of the author of the material presented. In such case, these materials must contain appropriate credits for all quotations or photographs and reference to MSB 2018.
- Consent to use of photographic images:
Registration and participation in the MSB 2018 Symposium constitute an agreement by the registrant to MSB’s use and distribution of the registrant or attendee's image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions, and audiotapes.
- Consent to receive e-information about this and future issues of the MSB series of symposia via the e-mail address provided.
- The placement of advertising in the meeting area is strictly limited to our sponsors and partners.
- No organized activities (even off-site) other than those approved by MSB 2018 are allowed during the conference week.
- Full-slide corporation or institutional logos may appear only one time in the presentation.