MSB 2018 particularly welcomes young researchers and encourages their participation in the symposium by featuring:
- A student´s registration fee of only US$ 350, including symposium admission, lunches, dinners, receptions and an all-delegate excursion.
- A double-blind abstract review procedure providing equal chances for acceptance to the oral program, regardless reputation and seniority.
- Selected 3-min poster pitches and several poster awards.
- Four stimulating and highly informative short courses at the start of the symposium, providing one-stop in-depth tutorials on topical subjects.
In order to further stimulate and enable active participation of students and post-docs, various organizations offer a number of travel grants for the MSB 2018 symposium. The actual list of travel grant providers and their contacts are summarized below.
General requirements for application are:
- Proof of registration to the conference and acceptance of your abstract for a poster or oral presentation.
- Proof of studentship/post-doc status.
- A letter of recommendation from your supervisor.
- A letter with your reasons for requesting the grant.
Please review specific requirements below.
John Dolphin Fellowship Bursary
The Chromatographic Society provides funding for doctorate and post-doc candidates studying in the UK, whose project focuses on the area of separation science or demonstrates a significant use of chromatography or related separation science, to participate at MSB 2018. The details of the John-Dolphin Fellowships (and more guidance information) can be found HERE
Sao Paolo Reserach Foundation (FAPESP) Collective Travel Grant
CASSS will provide a limited number of travel grants for PhD candidates and academic postdocs presenting posters and/or talks at MSB 2018 in Brazil. Interested candidates must be the first author and presenter at the conference. All applicants must be current graduate students enrolled in a program or post-doctoral researchers working in a discipline applicable to biopharmaceutical sciences, including protein and nucleic acid therapeutics, vaccines, cell therapy, and gene therapy, etc, - as well as the application of chromatographic and electrophoretic separation methods within the field.
Students and postdocs may apply on the CASSS website. Please fill out the form in its entirety, and be prepared to attach copies (in PDF format) of your a) abstract, b) a letter of recommendation from your advisor; and c) proof of student of postdoc status. Only registered students and postdocs are eligible to receive the funds. Deadline for submission of the applications is January 5, 2018. Selected candidates will be notified within 3 weeks after the deadline. Apply HERE.
Advanced Electrophoresis Solutions
AES offers support for travel to participate in MSB2018 for graduate students or post-doctoral students with accepted contributions (oral or poster) pertaining to work in the field of Capillary Electrophoresis in particular CIEF and CE-MS. Candidates should contact Prof. Tavares or Carrilho per E-Mail through the contact form on the start page of this web. Requirements as specified above.